Eternal Darkness Forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Defence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
12123qdf92r3d

PostSubject: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 am

Even Though im not reporting someone in this thread, im still posting here cause its completely relevant to this thread.

Lots of people run around bot checking people who are composing all whilly nilly, and then when someone doesnt respond to them, they run to forums and claim that this person is auto composing. Some people say that they'll watch someone for a few minutes and if its going a steady rate "they must be autocomposing". This is all a load of crap imo. I'm attaching a pic to this thread to show you what it looks like when i compose, you may notice that my chats are minimized completely and i've found a way to cover bc's by altering the programming for my notepad so that it doesnt minimize or "go to back" when i select the game. I do all this just so that i dont break my focus. I am very much able to compose at a steady pace for hours on end and i take a lot of pride in that fact, and because people cant handle that, i have been reported on other servers (in every case my innocence has been proven).

When i am composing i will never ever see your whiny little bot checks, OR your stupid bc's, ever. Stop sending me them. It's pointless. You try and make your self look better by playing "police officer" when all you do is harass people. there is nothing more disappointing when i finish composing, i close notepad, and open all of the chats i missed and see "Bot Check, You Have 30 Seconds To Respond". Its annoying and imo should be considered harassment (even though it never will be). Anyways heres the ss i was talking about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soiken

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:54 am

But remember that everytime You are clicking on Your eudemon client Your notepad minimizes, and i won't believe that You are keep clicking the notepad just to make it pop up out there. And after You compose already, the box is resizing and is smaller which allow You to see broadcasts, and You just have to simply answer to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
12123qdf92r3d

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 am

i dont, i altered the programming for notepad so that its always on the top layer and never gets covered up, when i click in game it doesnt minimize or move at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunder$trucK

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:25 am

lazyd229 wrote:
i dont, i altered the programming for notepad so that its always on the top layer and never gets covered up, when i click in game it doesnt minimize or move at all
That's just a lousy excuse...
In the SS you see that the notepad is open and EO ain't...
And besides wha's the point of it anyway.
Iff there's a GM/PM checking you and your not answering in whisp they will think you got all chats off so they broadcast.
Iff you don't respond after the BC then they will see that as autocomposing...
Your just using the notepad thing as an excuse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasher[GM]
GM

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:16 am

Regardless of whether or not you minimize your BC's or whatever, if staff whispers you, they generally have a reason and therefore you should respond. it takes 10 seconds max just to say "hi".

For that reason, using that screenshot as an excuse is no more valid than saying "Sorry, I didn't see it."

You know our rules, you know it is our job to enforce them, and we will. If you want to help, keep your whisper on and respond if and when we whisper you. Not that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 pm

this should be deleted, that sucks, and botcheck never dies. if you ignore u get banned, no one care if u dont see or not. rules are made for follow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
12123qdf92r3d

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:59 pm

this has absolutely nothing to with gm's, im speaking mostly about the people who run around trying to play vigilante and accusing people of things they arent doing

@Thunder$trucK in the post that you quoted i CLEARLY stated that i altered notepad's program to make it not minimize, it always looks like that, it says the im in notepad on my bar across the bottom of my screen but thats cause it cant minimize, it just sits on top while im click on the game. EO doesnt have to be selected for the game to move, thats why if you left click and hold to move then move ur cursor out of the game screen and left go it will keep running around even if you open an internet browser.

@Thrasher[GM] This is nothing to do with when GM's bot check, there are rules and they are to be followed. This is for the people who have nothing better to than to run around accusing people of botting when whether someone is, or isnt, its none of their business. If they are botting, they will be punished accordingly, by someone with actual authority, like yourself. But I was just showing that there are ways of completely avoiding be contacted and distracted while your trying to compose. There ARE people who do these kinds of things. And they dont deserve to be punished by some average player who is just harassing others to try and look good on forums.

This is MY opinion, you don't have to agree with it, but you must recognize that there are others like myself that go to far lengths to not be bothered by people (not necessarily GM's, or other staff) when they are trying to focus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King[PM]

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Bot checks alone will not get anyone jailed. But there are ways to tell very easily who is botting, and no I will not tell you as sharing defeats the purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eternal-eo.soulsboard.com
UpGraDD[GM]
GM

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:02 pm

lol the notepad is to hide messages Razz and they little "Whiny" if u may messages may be helpful sometimes some people look at their chat occasionally and as for bc thats a definite failure the only way to see bc is if u adjust ur chat but then u can see ur other chats And timing composes is also ineffective as you will not get an exact measure of the time between composes . I STRESS making videos of botters instead of just Screen shotting a video is a much better representation of what is happening. plus screen shots can be doctored easily

All Credits Go To UltimateDark. For Sig and avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Free Month of gameFly Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasher[GM]
GM

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Or, my personal favourite is Kicking them and timing how long it takes them to re log, and THEN post screens. Like I did with Necro. Smile

Is it really that big of a deal to compose with whisper on? I mean seriously, I do it as a [GM] so it's not like you guys get many more whispers than I do <.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXEl3mXx

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:36 am

i remember back on fr people came up to me wsping me saying hi an then when i talk back they just dont say anything its quite annoying personally i know how the author of the topic feels back on fr i hated composing cause people always kept wsping me an stuff luckily i had a friend that let me into his personal house an that all stopped but still getting bothered by someone saying "hi" instead of going around asking bot check fr had this neat little system where before you compose they had this random thing with 2-3 messages 2 of which (if there are three) were i dont want to compose an 1 was i want to compose (same with only 2 lines) an it randomized the order in which the lines appeared so they were never at the same place o.o i think a system like that would be better then going around saying bot check =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soiken

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 am

The thing is that You dont have to answer to random people, i have been annoyed by people since i started getting 5-6 bot checks an hour, i started to ignore them and answer only to Staff (MoD, GM, PM) thats the best way to make them stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXEl3mXx

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:50 am

Soiken wrote:
The thing is that You dont have to answer to random people, i have been annoyed by people since i started getting 5-6 bot checks an hour, i started to ignore them and answer only to Staff (MoD, GM, PM) thats the best way to make them stop.

also true =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasher[GM]
GM

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:35 am

We have that installed in the client, but it only works when you first talk to Aderes, since you virtually never need to close the compose window, it doesn't help anything at all.

King's working on another way, not sure if i'm allowed to say what though o.O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXEl3mXx

PostSubject: Re: Defence   Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 am

Thrasher[GM] wrote:
We have that installed in the client, but it only works when you first talk to Aderes, since you virtually never need to close the compose window, it doesn't help anything at all.

King's working on another way, not sure if i'm allowed to say what though o.O

seems kewl an lol i legit botted fr was awesome xD dw im not planning on doing it here i just used it when tq pets hit 2-3 star mark a compose >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defence   

Back to top Go down

Defence
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Darkness Online :: Report :: Other-
Jump to: